- This event has passed.
The Way of a Taoist Cultivation
Dec 6, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm| ?130
I’m doing a one day refresher course on Sunday 6th Dec at Violet Hill Studios. Open to all, you are welcome to bring any friends, family who might be interested in experiencing a complete taster of Taoist cultivation, the Lotus Tree Way 🙂 Please feel free to forward this email along..
The emphasis is on learning and experiencing through various still and moving meditations, a gentle potent way to building an effective home practice.
The aim of the day will be to guide you to building the fundamentals of a home practice you can nuture yourself. All meditations from beginners practice to the most advanced done with an emphasis on simplicity.
The approach is not how much you remember, but more, highlighting an awareness of what your body intelligence is telling you it needs. Whether building the foundations from scratch, wishing to pick up a few health tips or a solid revision for students cultivating in Lotus Tree classes, there will be something for all.
The day includes:
1. Qi Self Massage:.. is a truly incredible phenomena and invaluable for anyone living a busy life on the hop! Not everyone has time for a lengthy practice and in Qi self massage I will be teaching you how to massage key areas of your body and feel the instant release and rejuvenation of your posture and alignment.
2. Internal arts meditation training (Nei Gong): This is THE root practice of learning how to scan, open and? realign your internal body structure including connective tissue and reconnect lost electrical pathways in the body. The practice is to be able to meditate an intention to the body and feel the physical effects of it almost immediately.
Taoist Internal Arts is a central practice to the secrets of good health longevity and advanced internal arts alchemy. I will be teaching 2 beautifully simple key meditations that can be done sitting or lying down (if incapacitated tired or unwell)
3. Qi Gong: Still and moving stance/ forms to strengthen the vital organs, improve posture and maintain a soft supple flexibility, Qi Gong is the health practice for all recovering from illness and for those wishing to further develop physical abilities. It is the origin from which the rivers of Tai Chi, Martial Arts and Chinese Medicine and other applications flow.
We will focus on the strengthening the Liver, Lungs Kidneys, Heart and Stomach /Spleen as well as slowly opening and developing the fundamentals of good sitting and standing posture.
We will also do some fun partnering helping each other with alignment and structure
4. Solo cultivation. A regular practice in the weekly monday classes this perhaps is the furthest we will explore an advancing practice.
Taoist cultivation has long realised the potency of sexual energy for self healing as well as a cultivation of creativity and an abundance of vitality in all its aspects. In this workshop i will teach a very gentle self healing application to strengthen health, circulate and revitalise emotional creative and physical well being as well as explain its broader and specific potential.
5. Shen Qi: is the ‘spirit talk’ i will give on the background philosophy, the Taoist cosmology of a self contained eco-system, an integrated ecosystem expanding into physical spiritual emotional and psychological wellbeing. It will be a fun chat progressing to Q/A throughout the day and your input of your experience of the day is valued.
There is a nice long lunch break of an hour and half 🙂 Please bring comfortable movement clothes. No jeans, belts, buckles, though socks are allowed.
Looking forward to (re)connecting with you all